DR. RAMAN CHAWLA
About Dr. Raman Chawla
Cardiologist Raman Chawla is a renowned heart doctor in jalandhar providing cardiac services from the last 30+ Years. Caremax Hospital aspire to promote and provide high grade cardiology servies in the region. Keeping in mind, our mission and the high benchmarks set by the medical fraternity of Jalandhar we have made a sincere effort to bring the best technology, infrastructure and medical expertise under one roof.
The technological advancements can only benefit a patient optimally if harnessed and appropriately used by an able physician – cardiologist with his heart and mind at right place. In order to achieve we have a team of accomplished consultants with international recognition and acclaim under the dynamic leadership of Dr. Raman Chawla, a stellar name in the field of cardiology with over 20 years of experience.
Their Work and Experience
Patient-focused Consultant Cardiologist enjoying a unique mix of international experience spanning over 25 years; renowned expert in non interventional and interventional cardiology (substantially comparable specialist experience assessment by RACP, eligible for RACP Fellowship and AHPRA registration as well as AMC Part 1 MCQ passed in 2019 and Part 2 Clinical Exam passed in 2021). Led multidisciplinary Cardiac teams while contributing to effective clinical decision-making – embedded a culture of performance excellence team leadership and relationship building throughout clinical practice. Recipient of 50 awards and academic recognitions; played key role creating and managing first non interventional and intervention Cardiology Centre of Northern India. Receptive to latest medical developments and trends in cardiology treatment; completed sufficient number of invasive cardiac care procedure, critical cardiac care procedures and Non-Invasive Cardiac Procedures. Author of six peer-reviewed journal articles.
Royal College of Physicians of the UK
MRCP-UK SCE Speciality Certificate Exam in Emergency Medicine : Acute Medicine
MRCP-UK Membership III Examinations (Pass)
AUSTRALIA MEDICAL COUNCIL
MAQ Part 1 (Pass)
Part 2 Clinical (Passed) (AMC No. 2184980)
MEDICAL COUNCIL OF CANADA
LMCC Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada No. 147225
MAULANA AZAD MEDICAL COLEGE AND G.B. PANT INST. OF POSTGRADUATE
MEDICAL EDUCATION & RESEARCH, NEW DELHI, INDIA
Doctor of Medicine MD : Cardiology
BANGALORE MEDICAL COLLEGE AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE, KARNATAKA, INDIA
Doctor of Medicine MD : General Medicine
NATIONAL BOARD OF EXAMINATIONS, MEDICAL ENCLAVE, NEW DELHI, INDIA
Diplomate of National Board DNB: General Medicine
GOVERMENTAL MEDICAL COLLEGE, MEDICAL ENCLAVE, AMRITSAR, PUNJAB, INDIA
Bechelor of Medicine & Surgery (MBBS)
Awards & Honours
- Raman Chawla, Wasim Ahamad and Vivek Sharma, “Techniques to Overcome Difficulty in Device Deliverability to Lesion in Complex PCI”, Current Cardiology Reviews (2019) 15: 1. https://doi.org/10.2174/1573403X15666191018105627
- Raman Chawla, W Ahmad, R Maniar, V Sharm, “Coronary steal phenomenon in post-CABG patients.” Heart India 2019;7:85-6.
- HS Bedi, Raman Chawla, A Suri, BS Sengar, V Mahajan et al, “Global myocardial revascularization without cardiopulmonary bypass using innovative techniques for myocardial stabilization and perfusion”. The annals of thoracic surgery, 2000 Jan; 69(1):156-64.
- HS Bedi, Raman Chawla, A Suri et al, “The radial artery as a conduit in CABG early and mid-term angiographic results and lessons learnt”. Indian heart journal, nov-dec,1999;51; 6
- JC Mohan, Raman Chawla, R Arora et al, “Methodological variation and agreement in assessing mitral valve orifice area by Echo–Doppler methods in mitral stenosis”. Indian heart journal, nov-dec,1996;48; 6
- R Arora, GS Kalra, Raman Chawla et al, “Percutaneous transatrial mitral Commissurotomy in rheumatic mitral stenosis-long term results”. Indian heart journal, nov-dec,1995;47; 6
- Nitish Garg, Raman Chawla, Vivek Tandon, Deepak Garg, Nilesh Parshottam, Preeti Vani, Malte Neuss,”Real-world five year outcomes of flexyRap Cobalt-chromium rapamycin-eluting stents with biodegradable polymer in patients with de-novo coronary artery disease”. World Journal of Cardiology,2023 February 23; 0(0):0-0
- Called upon interpersonal communication and presentation skills to facilitate staff induction and training, including General Physicians, Cardiologists, Nurses, trainees, Paramedics, and Cath Lab Technicians; contributed towards their progression via mentoring.
- Conducting Bi weekly bed side clinical classes for all students of DNB Medicine, MD Medicine, AMC Part-2, PLAB Part-2, MCCQE, nac, OSCE, MRCP Part 3
- Prepared and presented engaging classes associated with CPR, Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Electrocardiogram (ECG), CAD, MI, HTN, heart failure, and pulmonary embolism management.
- Trained Physicians on temporary pacemaker monitoring while demonstrating live balloon mitral volvuloplasty and PTCA.
- Bed Side Clinical Classes for MCRP Students.
- Scoped and led high-impact learning events, including journal clubs, clinical audit report analysis and case presentations
- Trained cardiology professionals in emerging Cath Lab techniques, including buddy / gliding / anchor wire, mother-child technique and guide extension and anchor balloon technique.
- Maintained receptiveness to (and shared knowledge of) new and emerging tools, procedures, and health guidelines associated with cardiology
Health Education for Public Awareness & Social Education
- Providing regular classes for CPR/BLS training
- Advocated for better public health education; championed awareness of best practices to mitigate heart disease, including health lifecycle and diet management
- Renowned cardiology expert; shared expertise through appearances across both traditional and digital media on health issues
Continuing Professional Development CPD Activities
- Attendance in and Presenting 160 Conference Papers at National & International Cardiology Conferences.
- Endovascular Therapy Training Course for Peripheral Interventions, Paris, France.
- Training of Invasive Cardiology Procedures (e.g. Complex Coronary Angioplasty and Peripheral Interventions), University De Rouen (Hospital Charles Nicolle), France and Adventist Hospital, Maryland, USA and Cleveland Clinic Hospital, Ohio, USA
- Training and Performing Non-Invasive Cardiology Procedures (e.g. Stress Echo), New Delhi, India.
- Live Demonstration Courses in Cardiovascular Intervention, Singapore
- Rhythm & Antiarrhythmics in the Management of Atrial Fibrillation, Atlanta
- Course of Radiofrequency Ablation for Chronic Venous Insuffiency, Singapore
- Invasive Procedures Training including Peadiatrics Catheterization Training, Madras, India
- Non-Coronary Interventional Workshops- Germany and in India.
- Numerous Workshops and Training Courses for Interventional Cardiology/ Venous Interventions, Malaysia, Japan, Dubai, India and Hongkong
- Workshops for LM PTCA and CTO Angioplasty, Switzerland, Korea, Hong Kong, and India
- Trans – Radial Intervention Course, India.
- Certificate of Providing BLS — Certifications by NHCPS, Las Vegas, USA, Oct 2020
- Certificate of Advanced Emergency Life Support ALS, Certifications by NHCPS, Las Vegas, USA (Oct 2020).
- Numerous ECG Training Workshops, India
- Teaching Faculty for Certificate Course in Cardiovascular Disease & Stroke CCCS, Jalandhar, India (2018 –2019).
- Training and teaching Junior Cardiologists & Physicians –esp. for dedicated Invasive and Non-Invasive Cardiac Procedures (e.g. CTO Interventions, Left Main PCI, Primary PCI, Peripheral Arterial, Venous Interventions and Embolization Procedures).
Non-Invasive Cardiac Procedures
- Ambulatory BP Monitoring
- Arterial Imaging, Upper and Lower Extremities
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography
- Duplex Carotid Ultrasound
- Holter Monitoring
- Pulmonary Function / Stress (Tread Mill) Test
- Transesophageal Echocardiogram
- Transthorasic 2D Echo with Doppler / Colour Flow Study (Adult and Paediatric)
- Venous Doppler/ Venous Insufficiency Studies
Invasive Cardiology Procedures
- Coronary Angiography Femoral and Radial Route (Predominant)
- Coronary Angioplasty and Stenting
- Primary PCI Intervention, Left Main and Complex PCI
- Peripheral Angiography Femoral and Radial Route
- Peripheral Angioplasty and Stenting / Peripheral CTO
- Renal / Carotid Stenting
- Temporary Pacemaker Insertion /Permanent Pacemaker Single Chamber and Dual Chamber/ Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy CRT-D/ Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD)
- ASD (Atrial Septal Defect Closure) / Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) Closure | Coarctation of Aorta Dilatation and Subclavian Artery Intervention
- Cath Study and Balloon Mitral Volvuloplasty (BMV) |
- Alcoholic Septal Ablation for Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM)
- Prostate, Uterine, Bronchial Artery Embolization
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) for varicose veins
- Catheter Directed Lytic Therapy | IVC Filter | Popliteal Venogram (Doppler Guided Puncture)
- Varicose Vein Sclerotherapy / RF Ablation | Venous Stenting (Iliac)
- AV Fistula Coronary / Pulmonary / Renal / Traumatic / Budd Chiari Syndrome Intervention
- Traumatic Vascular Interventions (Covered Stents / Embolization)
Critical Care Procedures
- BED Side Temporary Pacemaker Insertion
- Endotrachial Intubation
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP) Insertion
- P.A. Line, Central Line, Arterial Line Radial and Femoral Insertion
- Pericardiocentesis and Pleural Tapping